Re: CULT: Florida Suitable?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Florida Suitable?
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:45:04 -0600
On 30 Jan 02, at 19:50, BigAlligator@aol.com wrote:

>      Looking at the front cover of the current AIS Bulletin, I wonder if
>      any
> of the Arilbreds would do Florida in pot culture?  Maybe a Spuria?
> Mark A. Cook
> BigAlligator@aol.com
> Dunnellon, Florida.
  Mark, the Durios in Opelousas, LA, list Japanese, spuria,
virginica, laevigata, and pseudacorus in their catalog.

  I am not sure what zone Opelousas is in, maybe nine.  Perhaps you
might give some of their stuff a try.

  An arilbred in central FL?  Worth giving it a try.  ZERZURA is a
half arilbred that is quite vigorous.   The Peterson arilbreds do
well in the humid south, too.   Put terrachlor in the soil mix and on
top and put the pot under an eave or on a covered porch during

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8 (Hoping it won't rain anymore for awhile and
sending out a request for cold weather).

Monitoring Service trial