ADMIN: My Party Virus

  • Subject: ADMIN: My Party Virus
  • From: John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:41:12 -0800

Generally speaking, attachments are stripped off iris-talk (but not
iris-photos) messages. Mostly to protect us from viruses.

It appears that the "My Party" virus author has found a way around this.

This means that it is even more important that you have a good virus
scanner on your system and *YOU UPDATE YOUR VIRUS DEFINITIONS EVERY DAY*

I am hoping tha Yahoogroups finds a way to protect against this type of
virus, but they *do not* normally scan for viruses.

If I find that someone is routinely infected with viruses and sends
infected messages because they do not take adequate measures to keep
from being infected, I will prevent their ability to post to the list. I
realize that you can be infected before a virus definition is avaliable
to protect you,and will account for that, but it is irresponsible to not
update your system reqularily. After all, it can be done automatically
for you.

John   (list owner)      | "There be dragons here"
http://www.AISGiftShop.com

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at: