Re: CULT: How do you feel about...

  • Subject: Re: [iris] CULT: How do you feel about...
  • From: "Patrick Orr" irisdude@msn.com
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 00:17:51 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 00:17:51 -0700

I am a amateur pollen-dauber and collector of iris.  As Debbie wrote, it IS
more convenient for me to plant iris in rows and keep iris separate...even
though I have roses and a daylily in one of my beds.

I want to stress, however, that gardeners should do what they want.  Nobody
SHOULD grow irises any certain way.  Even some iris breeders I know plant iris
among other plants instead of in rows.

The important thing is that you enjoy the irises, no matter HOW you grow them,
and there is no right or wrong way to do it.

I have heard some say that if you are serious about growing irises, that you
keep them separate.  I say PISHAW to them!  That is simply not true, and
nobody should be made to feel bad about growing them differently from someone
else.  Do what you like and enjoy!

Happy New Year!

Patrick Orr
Phoenix, AZ  Zone 9