Re: HYB:Form

Below is a thread started on iris photo: Moving it over here for those that
aren't on IP.
comment about Mid-America #12.  I agree that it is an absolutely  gorgeous

Several recent introductions appear to have shorter standards than  falls.  I
was taught, 20 years ago, that the standards and falls should be  of equal
length.  A plant was inferior if there was a noticeable  difference.
I've quickly scanned my judges training book and can't find this under
either balance or form. (garden section) Is there anything in the book about  short
standards?  Something I'm missing?

Betty W. in  South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: