From: owner-iris@hort.net [mailto:owner-iris@hort.net] On Behalf Of
willwarner@alltel.net
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 12:52 PM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: Re: [iris] HYB: seeds - what to do?

Linda, Have you ever seen those plastic covers for basement windows? They're
used to divert water away from the window frame (can't seem to find an image
online, or I'd post a link). I've been contemplating using them like mini
greenhouses.   I've been thinking of putting them along the foundation of
the house with southern exposure.  I think they would give the seedlings
atleast some protection.  Last time I checked southlands and they had them
for around $5ea.  This might be an option if you can't bring them inside.
Just an idea.  I haven't been able to purchase them yet myself, it's getting
cold tonite, I think I'm gonna try to bring the seedling pots inside,
eventhough I haven't figured out where I'm going to put them.:/hmmm.
Will Warner
sw mo zone 6
ps. my seeds were in the fridge for several months before going outside, so
they should have had plenty of cold time.