OT: Diversity of tastes

Carole Tabor wrote: <Guess I'm weird, but was happy that Neil said, "
diversity and diversity of tastes has a lot of merit..."  Maybe people
like me are just out of synch timing-wise, either before or behind our
time!  Long live those haft marks!!>
Guess I haven't been an iris appreciator long enough to remember anything about iris 'form' past the late '90's or so.  But, Carol, you're not 'weird' - just expressing what you like.  Hafts with color please me on the right flower.  Maybe what some call 'muddied' hafts - brownish hafts? - wouldn't be so appealing.  When I purchased RAKU BLAZE from Aitken's, I was enthralled with the color (and waited patiently for it to bloom, as it's a slow grower ) - but now, after having seen so many ruffled cv's, it's nice to see a more tailored iris open its more blossoms  I guess being a gardener more than an exhibitor makes me feel that much of the fun of seeing my iris bloom is the variety in them.;-)  I can marvel over the ruffles on  something like LACY DAY, while enjoying the color (and simplicity) of RB. ;-)
And thanks, Char, for the explanation of the benefit of 'companion' plants.
Linda Bartell
Troy, MI
Region 6a
 The all-new My Yahoo!  What will yours do?