New Happy Moose Gardening Forum

Happy Moose Discussion Forum
http://happymoose.com

I wish to invite all iris growers to participate in the new Happy Moose Garden
Forum. This is a web based discussion forum focused on irises, daylilies, and
hostas.  In fact, the forum is categorized by these three main plant genre
with subsections under each plant type.

The forum is completely free and is sponsored by Happy Moose.  We do not
solicit donations to maintain the forum, or for any other reason.  There is
also no paid advertising.

Since the forum is concentrated on irises, hostas, and daylilies we believe
that we can generate more interest in growing these different types of plants.
There will be more interaction between iris and daylily growers for example
which might entice each grower to add another genre to their garden. Perhaps
each of these plant societies might also benefit by having a broader base to
draw from.

Since the forum is web based it allows for a different format and more options
than the traditional listserve can not provide. For example, I invite iris
clubs, AIS Regions, and even Sections to take advantage of forming a UserGroup
that is moderated by representatives from your own group.  This will allow
Sections, Regions and clubs to have their own private forums, that they
moderate, but they do not have to contend with server maintenance, software
maintenance, or any expenses.

We recognize the consumer side of growing irises and also the supply side of
irises, realizing that they both need each other.  The forum is designed for
both to exist together by providing the general discussion areas for plant
talk, while providing sub-categories for commercial announcements and also
announcements relating to new and updated websites and discussion of these
sites. The general discussion areas and commercial areas are just a mouse
click away from each other providing easy access to each area of your
interest. For commercial growers this may broaden your customer base, while
consumers will discover wonderful new vendors of other plant types.

The Happy Moose Forum also provides interaction between members of these three
plant societies.  Again, this may provide insight into how each society
operates.  Each society may benefit by sharing their different ideas and
procedures with each other.

Right now on the forum there is a request regarding iris seeds and wanting to
know different sources for such seeds.  I hope some of the iris aficionados in
IrisTalk can offer their input. IrisTalk is the first of the major plant
forums to receive the announcement about the new Happy Moose Forum.  I plan to
announce this to the 1,400 members of the daylily email robin within the next
48 hours, followed by the hosta forums.

Please consider the Happy Moose forum an extension of your internet gardening.
There are a lot of wonderful gardeners everywhere, hopefully many new
friendships can be formed in this forum.

Glorious gardening,

Bobby Baxter
Happy Moose Discussion Forum
http://happymoose.com

 ps.  once you sign up for the forum, you can select from multiple forum
designs and schemes for how you would like to view the forum.  More styles are
being added regularly.