Re: HYB: Odd "plicata" markings

I have third generation crosses involving Crazy For You and I don't believe
it is a plicata pattern. The pattern will show up the first generation no
matter  what you cross to the pattern. Being a Berry Blyth variety, using Crazy
for  You gives a wide variety of colors with and without the pattern. I have had
 white seedlings show up as well a very nice blue with darker fall lines. The
 pattern, which I believe Neil has called butterfly, is typically darker
veins  flowing to the edge of the fall which is generally colored with a wide or
narrow  band of the same color. Yellow patterns on white are especially common
as are  red on white. Some crosses show the tangerine factor with pink ground
colors on  both the standards and the falls.The biggest problem with these
crosses is that  there are so many interesting seedlings that I select too many!
Fred  Kerr
Rainbow acres