RE Odd plicata markings

I'm interested in all odd patterns in bearded iris. The SDB "ringed plicatas" have been producing an amazing number of strange and unusuall pattens and I'm sure ther are more to come. The dusty orange is most unusually for two reasons. The dusty orange plicata stripping and that even if  has th  domanant reduction of anthocyanin gene "I" it still has some anthocyanin there.

I would like all sorts of data involving funny patterns. What I need are counts,  of patterns and also colous and shades. Some of what I'm researching right now is an anthocyanin interaction with pigments such as the incomplete removal of anthocyanin with "I"  It seems that you can have a violet from apylla breeding that has dominat "I". That is a bit unexpected.

Chuck Chapman

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.