Re:HYB: ?pigment Crazy For You

Colleen, are you saying that the pigment in CRAZY FOR YOU is mostly
anthocyanin, that it mostly just looks pink?

Or were you talking about just the stripes?

It has a lot of pinks & oranges in the pedigree, & Fred's post sounds
like it does have the genes for producing pink babies in the right
crosses.  But maybe not pink-striped babies.

<the colour base is primarily an anthocyanin rather than a lycopene or
similar. .... In CFY  there does appear to be a faint overall pink wash
on the falls which enchances the anthocyanin colour. Great grower and
parent. Colleen Modra Adelaide Hills AUST>

<I have third generation crosses involving Crazy For You and I don't
believe  it is a plicata pattern......Some crosses show the tangerine
factor with pink ground  colors on  both the standards and the falls.The
biggest problem with these crosses is that  there are so many
interesting seedlings that I select too many!  Fred  Kerr Rainbow acres>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8