Re: HYB: Blue beards

In a message dated 1/11/2005 3:15:24 AM Eastern Standard Time, jukp@aha.ru
writes:
Could someone say what is a source of SDB's blue beards? I never met yellow
Iris pumila with blue beard.
Hi Juri,

I am away from home so can't look up records, but I think the bue/violet
beards may have come from violet pumilas.  We got a lot of blue beards in SDBs
from Bee Warburton's SDB BLUEBERRY MUFFINS, including pink SDBs with blue or
violet beards. I have made charts of its ancestry that are at home.  If you can
check its parentage, you will probably find violet pumilas.

Dorothy Willott