Re: Re: HYB: pigments - Crazy & vac inclusions

Perhaps not directly relevant to this discussion, but a little comment
about the "rose" color in Iris.

The "rose" color is interesting and seems to have been sought after until
better "pinks" came along.  It is common among I. pallida cultivars, and
that species may be part of (or entirely?) where it originally came from.
I. pallida cultivars with "pink" in the name are of this color, and there
are I. pallida cultivars of this color in both plicatas and solids.  Lots
of the old diploid hybrids that were called "pink" in their descriptions
are of this color too.   A good example being 'Rose Unique'.  These really
do look pink out in the sun, until you set them next to a true pink for
comparison anyway.

Dave