Re: OT-CHAT: weather?

>Are our iris friends/commercial growers in California being hit by all
>this weather mess? Never am sure of CA geography in relation to
>Sutton's, Superstition, Ghio, & our list members. Linda

We have such a diversity and distance between many of us. Ghio on the
Monterey Coast, Suttons 230 miles southeast of Ghio in the lower central
valley, and Superstition 150 miles north of the Suttons, and the closest one
to me, is still 200 miles from the northern inland coast where I live. And
it's the Southern Calif. folks in region 15 who are getting a lot of rain
dumped on them, which is 10 hours driving distance from me. Today, my house
will be sunny!  I mentioned my son Marc coming out of Oregon early this
week, which had been blanketed by snow, he made it just fine, and those
weather cams in Oregon now show most of all the roads in Oregon with clear
pavement now, although the roadside will be white for some time. Calif. has
equally as many live traffic cams, see
http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist2/cctv/traffic_cams.shtml if you'd like to take an
online live tour of parts of our State. And in fact, what is really cool, is
the page showing ALL weather cams at once, at
http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist2/cctv/allcams.shtml.

You just wait, not too far soon, some of us will set up our own garden live
cams, and be showing our garden bloom live as we go through bloom season.

Kitty