Re: OT-CHAT: weather?

In a message dated 1/13/2005 9:27:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jeffwiris@yahoo.com writes:
I am sure that by now that the whole state of California has felt the impact
of the "weather mess", as well as points east, including all of Nevada, Utah,
and Arizona. Naturally, depending on local risk factors and circumstances the
impact has been more severe in some locations than others.
Hi all,

I am visiting Southern California and the weather here has been as bad as or
worse than at home in Ohio.  I am in Ventura County which is north and west of
LA.  Several days ago about 20-30 miles west of here, still in Ventura
County, there was a tremendous mud slide that buried many homes on the coast.  About
15 people have died in that event.  In other areas people have driven onto
flooded roads, against warnings, and some have died.  Fortunately, Thousand Oaks
is a built-up area with trees, shrubs and ground covers, that prevent the
type of erosion that have hit areas with higher cliffs.  So we have not been in
any danger.

Dorothy Willott