Re: HYB: Blue beards

"The World of Irises" indicates Blueberry Muffins, Zing and Easter Holiday
as the first blue-bearded yellows.
In the first two the blue beards came obviously from Iris aphylla through
Black Forest. Last one is actually an arilbred with very little amount of
Iris pumila.

Juri

> An examination of the pedigree of STOCKHOLM (Warburton, 1972), a notable
early blue-bearded yellow SDB, confirms what Dorothy has said and also
suggests that the TB side of the ancestry could also have contributed to the
anthocyanin pigmented beards.

> The pedigree of STOCKHOLM is
>
> sdlg 56IJ-2:(((Great Lakes x blue pumila) x (blue pumila x Spanish Peaks))
x Blueberry Muffins) X sdlg 57I4:(sdlg x Blueberry Muffins)

> In turn the pedigree of BLUEBERRY MUFFINS (Warburton, 1963), greenish
buff-tan blend with violet beards, is