Re: OT Seeking Ideas

Bill:

            It is good to hear from you. If you would put together a poster that you would be willing to stand by for an hour or so I would be delighted. I already have one commitment for a poster on membership from someone not on this group. But I think the topic is so big and so complex that it deserves several posters.

 I will be taking part in the set up of the poster session and its taking down and will be there for part of it. But I am already committed to too many jobs so I will not be able to create more than one poster myself. I will help with posters from people who cant attend but I will need to receive those ahead of the convention, so I can assemble them beforehand. Preferably these will be already printed on a large sheet that simply can be tacked up. I encourage those bringing posters to be creative and there will be about a 4ftX 2Ft table top to work on. I am not restricting this area to normal trifolds or a set format, so if you would like to build a tower, have live specimens, handouts, etc. what ever can be done within that table space you are welcome. I will have a large task getting the 50-60 displays up. Hopefully everyone will work on their own and I will only have to deal with the posters from people who cant come in person. There will be a list of the poster topics and their
 presenters available at the session. So to make this list I must know at least the week before if you are bringing a poster. We havent yet decided whether the posters will be judged and a prize for best poster awarded. I must admit that we came late to this idea and that it was suggested by Dennis Hager who is going to have a poster session at the Japanese Iris Convention, you can see their website for details.

Logistics aside, I hope the poster session will stimulate thoughtthat is the general idea. I see no reason it should not include meaningful discussions. I also hope it will broaden everyones horizons by showing what is being done in iris by clubs, organizations and scientists around this country and the world.