Re: Yellow from two whites, also AVI comment

TWOI mentions Y(1), Y(2), Y(3), but I suspect that the differences between
them are not in the basic synthesis sequence from Phytoene to the Carotenes,
alpha and beta.  The differences may be minor variations on the molecules.  I
don't think I have ever run across an analysis of the pigment variations
sufficiently detailed to explain this.

I do remember vaguely some reference somewhere about yellow from non-yellow
but do not recall where.  It has been a very long time ago.

I may also have dismissed the matter, as it seemed improbable then.  I
certainly have not seen this occur in any seedlings I've grown.  Those who
grow seedlings by tens of thousands per year might be ones to address this

Dr. Meckenstock's suggestion of staying with AVI has merit, not just for
simplicity, but it also honors the rule followed in taxonomy of priority.  AVI
has been in circulation for a while.  Although AE is simpler, for the sake of
not clouding an already difficult nomenclatural array, I agree.  AVI.

Neil Mogensen   z 7 western NC mountains