Re: AIS: Poster Session

In a message dated 1/15/05 4:47:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rpries@sbcglobal.net writes:

<< Anner: Let me first take the opportunity to invite you to do a poster on
your new book and if you wish it could be an opportunity for a book signing. It
is possible we may have several authors and new Iris books to promote or
posters about books soon to be published.>>

Thank you for your support and interest, but I can't manage travel.

I will mention that Dorothy Stiefel and I have planned that there will be
only one signed copy of the first edition of my book, *The Rev. C. S. Harrison
and the Genus Iris: An Illustrated Omnibus,* a unique copy which will be donated
to the AIS auction in St. Louis by The Historic Iris Preservation Society.

Otherwise, those interested in hearing more details about the Omnibus and the
author of the first American book on the genus *Iris*, should speak with
Dorothy Stiefel, Chairman of the HIPS Publications Committee, at

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA
"Flowers have been neglected and regarded as an incident in the evolution of
things and not as having a most important mission in meeting the eternal
hunger for beauty in the human soul." The Rev. C. S. Harrison, York NE, (1832-1919).