Re: AIS: Poster Sessions - display

The first few poster sessions I attended decades ago at scientific
meetings used tables with poster boards set up on top of them, similar
to most of the <marketing> posters still around.  The tables are great
if you have stacks of materials you want to share (brochures etc) or if
you need space to set up some three dimensional something or other, such
as a vase with an iris stalk.

More recently, scientific/information type poster sessions use
permanent  4 ft wide by 8 ft tall (not positive of dimensions) vertical
poster boards that can display posters on the front and back.  I'm not
sure what these are made out of - some kind of rigid foam board?
covered with burlap or other surface.  They have upside down 'T' shaped
"feet" on either end for stability and a wood frame (I think).  Like a
free-standing huge bulletin or tack board.

Posters or poster pieces are attached with push pins or double sided
foam poster tape.

I don't know if the scientific societies cart these hundreds
(thousands?) of poster display boards around the country to different
meetings or if the hosting facility provides them or if they make new
ones for each meeting.

In contrast to the display tables, more of them can be set up in the
available space.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8