Re: Re: AIS: Poster Sessions - display

Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net> wrote:

More recently, scientific/information type poster sessions use
permanent 4 ft wide by 8 ft tall (not positive of dimensions) vertical
poster boards that can display posters on the front and back. I'm not
sure what these are made out of - some kind of rigid foam board?
covered with burlap or other surface. They have upside down 'T' shaped
"feet" on either end for stability and a wood frame (I think). Like a
free-standing huge bulletin or tack board.

I don't know if the scientific societies cart these hundreds
(thousands?) of poster display boards around the country to different
meetings or if the hosting facility provides them or if they make new
ones for each meeting.

Linda,

In all cases known to me the host venue provides the display boards. BTW, "8 ft tall" sounds excessive to me - maybe more like 6 ft(?).

Jeff Walters
in northern Utah
(USDA Zone 4)