Re: Mulch or till

Several years ago Patsy Norvell (Pat in Dallas) submitted a post on  mulching
She mentioned she planted her iris on a hill much as I plant cukes. She
fills the trough with her yard waste through out the year and subsequently tills
it in on the redo of the bed. At the time I said "That good for cukes  and
melons, but up here it is more hiding places for borer egg laying. I  did print
it out and ran across it yesterday while cleaning up some of my  mess.
Al Bullock Z7 NoVa