My bio

Being a new subscriber to this list I should introduce myself.

I live in Montreal, Canada.

Since 1995, I became a great lover of horticulture. All started when I got a
'burn-out'. To cure this sickness, the doctor told me to go home and watch
the birds. I knew nothing in gardening. I took few courses with Montreal
botanical Garden and I started designing my garden. I attended many
gardening conferences. I read lots of books and lots of magazines. I watched
everything I could on television (like HGTV). I visited many public and
private gardens. I went to France and visited the Blooming City contest.

Today my garden is visited by many garden lovers (more than 400 in 2004) .
My garden was the subject of an article in  La Presse (Montreal daily
newspaper) on June 30th 2000 and there was a six-pages spread in the Fleurs
Plantes et Jardins (Quebec Gardening magazine) in March 2001. I am a member
of the Small garden Association of the Province of Quibec, some provincial
or national or International Garden Clubs, and the Royal Horticultural
Society in Great Britain. In May 2002, my garden was shown on HGTV
'Gardener's Diary' from Atlanta, as the first garden shown on that program
outside United States. In April 2000 I founded the Quebec Hostas and
Hemerocallis Society with more than 400 members as of today. My garden (The
garden of the Clown gardener) is still in progress. ... I have more than 375
different hostas in my garden. For two years I was a national judge with the
Canadian program 'Communities in Bloom'. I give lots of conferences on 'The
creation of a garden by an amateur gardener' or 'France, the country where
the flower is the queen', 'The world of Hostas' and on Daylilies. I talk in
French or in English. My bilingual website (<http://www.hostas.ca> )
contains more than 2600 pictures with comments.

A publisher ask me to write the first ever written book in French on the
world of Hostas, book published in March 2003 by Les Iditions de l'Homme.
This book covers more than 200 different hostas, with over 500 color
pictures in more than 350 pages. It became fast a best-seller. The book came
second in a book contest in France regarding Gardening books. The book
should be translated in English on a later date. With that success the
publisher asked me to write a book on Daylilies to be published on April
2005. This book should also be published in English.

The format my books are will reach any beginners in the world of hostas and
daylilies. Now they asked me to write a book on Irises. So now I must learn
from scratch and pass my knowledge into a book.

Now I am reading all archives since 1996. What a place to learn.

In my garden I have 375 different hostas, more than 100 daylilies plus
hundreds of other perennials. In the Spring I have more than 10 000 bulbs
(tulips, crocus, daifodils, etc.)

Reggie D. Millette
Subscribe now to win the book 'The Hosta Handbook' on my website:
http://www.hostas.ca or http://www.daylily.ca
View more than 2600 pictures in Photo album.
Already 912,935 pages seen since January.
Sign my guest book and send me your comments.