Re: Re: AIS: Poster Sessions - display

Please feel free to enter the poster session. We will provide materials from trifolds to Posterboard. Our resources allocated are not unlimited so it is important to reserve what you need by notifying me. I doubt we will refuse any request. But we are not limiting the exhibit to a specific type of format. You may be more creative and assemble something quite different from a simple trifold display. You have 4ft x 2 ft tabletop with which to work. We will provide posterboard and trifolds by request beforehand. As I have said let us know your requirements. The posters will be judged. As yet we have not determined the prizes. They will be split into categories. And these will be determined when we know more about the types of exhibits being presented. At the moment we are fairly certain there will be a science category and a youth category and a general category. It appears we may have a very large youth entry. I have reason to believe a substantial scientific category also. Unless
 specifically requested we will not use the free-standing floor walls which are quite expensive. Please plan on table top displays unless you you have a very special idea. And remember I need to know what is coming so it can be included in the directory. My wife as part of her work organizes conferences of around 1,000 to 10,000 medical professionals. She prefers the freestanding wall exhibits but as i say they are quite expensive and a bit out of our league.

Jeffrey Walters <jeffwiris@yahoo.com> wrote:Linda Mann wrote:

More recently, scientific/information type poster sessions use
permanent 4 ft wide by 8 ft tall (not positive of dimensions) vertical
poster boards that can display posters on the front and back. I'm not
sure what these are made out of - some kind of rigid foam board?
covered with burlap or other surface. They have upside down 'T' shaped
"feet" on either end for stability and a wood frame (I think). Like a
free-standing huge bulletin or tack board.

I don't know if the scientific societies cart these hundreds
(thousands?) of poster display boards around the country to different
meetings or if the hosting facility provides them or if they make new
ones for each meeting.

Linda,

In all cases known to me the host venue provides the display boards. BTW, "8 ft tall" sounds excessive to me - maybe more like 6 ft(?).

Jeff Walters
in northern Utah
(USDA Zone 4)