Re: REF: help - ideas?

In a message dated 1/18/2005 4:11:32 PM Central Standard Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:
Just got a note from our Region 7 editor asking for articles.  I'd be
happy to write something, but have no idea what to write about.

Anything I've talked about here that any of you think would make an
interesting short article?

Linda, I think two of the topics you have lots of info on are 1) Seed
germination and 2) frost/heaving protection.  Or even a light article about living in
the "Vale of Despair" and its unique challenges.

All Editors are continually looking for articles of interest to their
readers.  A year or so ago Char Holte responded to an Editor asking what kinds of
articles readers like to see and her advice was good:
Since you asked.

I would like to see:
1. At least one beginner article every issue.   There are new people out
there and they need our help.
2.    A.  Spring how to transport Iris.  (I have one nearly ready)
         C. How to groom Iris.
3.    A.  Fall, clean up your garden and get it ready for winter.
4.    A.  Fertilizing any time of year.
5.    A.  Digging and a method of getting ready for the sale mid June.

These can be repeated or rotated every year so long as there are articles
for the intermediate and experienced person too.

Char, New Berlin, WI

Rita Gormley
Edotor The Medianite and SJI REVIEW
Gormley Greenery