CAT:Ghio's Double Bubble

Jim, Bay View Gardens, Joe Ghio's own commercial enterprise, did list DOUBLE
BUBBLE in the '04 catalog at $6.25 ea or 3 for $18.  It appears in the section
"The Classic Ones."

This does not guarentee he will list it this year, but I suspect he will, as
there is one category older than "Classic" called "The Universal Ones" which
goes back even to FROSTED STARLIGHT, one of his very first--and very
good--selections.  That suggests he will be slow to drop DOUBLE BUBBLE,
considering how much influence it has had in the development of modern pinks.
It appears in many pedigrees and family trees, I think, although I have not
made any particular study of the matter to verify that comment.

If you need the address for Bay View Gardens it is 1201 Bay Street, Santa
Cruz, CA 95060.  He asks a $3 refundable with order fee for his catalog which
includes some richly colored photos of the introductions and a few super
seedlings under number.

I think the photographic and printing processes have increased the saturation
of colors, so the photos may not be precisely what the bloom will look like
under our garden conditons here.  I mention this, as I am prepared to fall
fully in love with the ones I bought last year, regardless the degree of
saturation.  I know they will be good.  I HOPE they will perform well here in
the turf Linda Mann describes as the "Vale of Despair."  Since you also garden
in the "Vale" you know full well her reasoning behind that description, as do

Neil Mogensen   z 7 western NC mountains