Re: OT: Breathing New Life Into An Old Club

Patrick: It is hard to give advice when each situation is different. I would suggest that sometimes a project that the club feels is worthwhile and which most can participate can stimulate interest. It is important that it not be so big that it takes too much energy. Creating a display garden at a botanical garden, putting on an iris show especially in conjunction with a larger flower show may get new members and allow old ones to show off. Certainly anything that involves new activities will spark interest some negative some positive, one always hopes for more of the latter. I think bringing speakers from other parts of the country can bring new ideas. I can think of lots of things I think would be nice but everybody is different.

Patrick Orr <irisdude@msn.com> wrote:How do you breath new life into an old club besides increasing membership? We
are now into our 36th year.

Patrick Orr
Phoenix, AZ Zone 9