Re: HYB: extracting pigment

We're talking about two different things.

The pink pigmented smashed up petal from a pink bloom <after> extraction
with water/alcohol contains <no> anthocyanin.  Sometimes it takes more
than one water/alcohol extraction to remove all the anthocyanins,
especially in a bloom that doesn't look pink.  I think it took 5 rinses
with TEA LEAVES, at least when I included the beards.  But eventually
all that is/was left is pink.

Extracting the remaining pink mashed up petals with oil yields the
red-orange lycopene.

<....Spoon says, as do I, that it takes a slight amount of anthocyanin
to cool the
                   hot, somewhat orange-red tone of pure Lycopene to
shift the pigment's color
                   over to spectrum red..... >

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8