Re: REF: help - ideas?

In a message dated 1/21/05 4:29:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

<< I know others suspect or have demonstrated benefits from companion plants
- habitat for beneficial insects, disease reduction, shade.  But about all I
have noticed is that where I have a companion, that's one place another weed
can't grow.  >>

Words to live by, though, innit?

I thought I recalled your saying something about how the ornamental stuff in
the beds kept the dirt from splashing and hence minimized soil-borne disease.
I must have been hearing that unreliable little voice again.

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA