Re: OT: Breathing New Life Into An Old Club

  • Subject: Re: [iris] OT: Breathing New Life Into An Old Club
  • From: "Patrick Orr" irisdude@msn.com
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:01:56 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:01:56 -0700

 It is amazing when I think of it just how much our club does.  We do have
club orders yearly, which the club enjoys, we have members growing different
types of irises and sharing information about them to get others to try them,
we have gotten our new President all fired up, I am the treasurer this year,
we work on making new members feel welcome, we have local garden tours or rent
a bus to visit gardens up north a couple hours away, food is usually provided
at the club expense at those gardens,  we have Region auctions yearly, and
occasionally we have round-robin discussions related to growing irises.

The photo contest is a GREAT idea, IMHO!!!   I have been pushing for people to
photograph their irises more so we have photos to use at the fall rhizome
sales.  Having a photo contest really is a good way to encourage more photos.

Thanks to all for the wonderful response.  I look forward to more!
Patrick