Re: HYB: color patterns

Does this mean that yellow/pink based amoena umbratas (white standards
and fall rims, yellow or pink fall centers) pigment distribution might
be controlled by the same whatever it is that controls distribution of
pigments in anthocyanin based amoena umbratas (recessive amoenas, white
standards and fall rims, blue fall centers)?

If these patterns also both come from I. variegata, it seems likely?

And might there be a yellow/pink version of dominant I(s), controlled by
the same factor?

Chuck said:
<...we can have
                     carotenoid pigment distributed exactly like
anthocyanin apparently controlled
                     by the same factor. .... Currently I'm trying to
find out if we can call on
                     a structural explanation. That is a difference in
the cell structure  that
                     somehow prevents any pigment from being present. It
seems to be related to
                     the original genes from Iris variegata where we can
and do have both water
                     based and oil based pigments distributed exactly
the same way, 100 percent
                     matching. You can't have this if one gene controls
yellow and one controls
                     violet, there is no way then can be aligned this

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8