Re: Re: HYB: color patterns brides halo

All this talk about yellow plics has me wondering about "Brides Halo."  I
planted it this past summer, and haven't seen it in person yet, just pics.
Curious what kind of pattern it is. Would it be considered a white with a
gilded edge in stead of a yellow plic?  Just curious, got me wondering.
Will Warner

> From: irischapman@netscape.net
> Date: 2005/01/22 Sat PM 09:28:10 CST
> To: iris@hort.net
> Subject: [iris] Re: HYB: color patterns
> One way to research this involves looking at pictures where both
anthocyanin  and carotene is distributed in the same pattern. Then look
at parentage and see what patterns are there. Also look at offspring and
check again how the  oil based and water based pigments are
distributed. If you can demonstrate , at least to your own satisfaction,
that they are both controled by the same underlying genetic factor then
you design a way to put it to the test. That is design a cross that will test
it out.
> This is how I arived at the test cross of Rusty Dusty x Light Beam .
Actually I made at least  12 test crosses of LB with various plicatas.
There were only two with seeds and only the one cross that had enough
seedlings to provide me with useful data.
> Now for more crosses with different suspected "Yellow plicatas""
> You have an interesting proposal there but I  don't see anything that
would convince me at this point in time.  Do some more reseach and see
what you come up with.