Re: HYB: pigments & structure

Chuck, you said you are still working on this, so you may not want to
say a lot more at this point, but I'm curious about what you mean by
"differences in cell structure"?

Do you mean differences like liver cells vs kidney cells (not really,
but...) as the flower primordia differentiate?  Mesophyll cells winding
up in the surface instead of as structural innards?  Or absence of
plastids...?  Or...?

<Currently I'm trying to find out if we can call on   a structural
explanation. That is a difference in the cell structure  that  somehow
prevents any pigment from being present. >
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8