Re: OT: NEEDS Breathing New Life Into An Old Club

Bill;

I agree with most everything you have said concerning clubs and AIS. But I have been around long enough to see that all of us are human. By that I mean AIS has made some awful mistakes at times and at other times they have done some very good things. The same is true for local clubs, and for AIS sections. As we participate in each of these organizations we are bound to encounter problems just because we are never all going to agree on everything. Sometimes it is not leadership that is the problem. Although there have been times when I have been greatly discouraged by decisions of boards, groups etc. they have usually been times when I had done very little to try to convince people of my concerns. When I have made an appropriate effort, I can not remember being disappointed. I like to think that for the most part plant people are somewhat more sensitive and caring than the population as a whole. But all of us are vulnerable to letting our baser sides governing our behavior. I have
 seen cases where people are given a little authority and they begin abusing that position. But most often I think people in groups try to do the right thing. I do think that periodically groups within an organization should do a little brainstorming to see if there is any way the organization can be improved. The possibilities are continually changing and doing things the same old way is bound to be destructive over time. There are many things I think could be changed about AIS, but overall I think it is a fairly good organization. Sometimes changes dont occur because no one can be found to carry them out. I focus on a few things that I think can improved in the society and try to provide the manpower to achieve what needs to be done.