Re: OT:Group Dynamics [was: NEEDS....]

In a message dated 1/25/05 9:08:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
neilm@charter.net writes:

<<--as I understand it, Iris-talk and Iris-photos are activities of the AIS
through J I Jones' role as chairperson of the AIS Standing Committee on
"Electronic Services."  We're on AIS turf and enjoying the benefits therefrom.>>

Don't think so, Neil. Unless something has changed of which I am unaware, it
is an independent public group owned by someone who happens to hold national
office in AIS. Not an official activity at all, not overseen by AIS nor obliged
to participate in its mission.Membership in AIS is not required to
participate and never has been. Public group entirely, although discussions of AIS
business are tolerated and are generally supposed to carry the subject tag "AIS"

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA