OT AIS membership

I have been intrigued by the discussion that has been occurring concerning group dynamics, plant societies and how to build and maintain membership. It seems that everyone has some concerns, at least at times. It also seems that no hard proposals have been presented that can be acted upon. Since it is possible to bring concerns, ideas proposals etc. to the AIS Board, I would like to suggest this forum conduct a bit of brainstorming. If we could identify a problem and discuss it to the point that a fix becomes apparent then perhaps we would be able to move the Board in that direction. I have not found anyone on the Board to be unreasonable. I do realize that an ultimate suggestion, must have the resources, money, manpower, etc for it to be carried out, so it is not always possible to do what you would like. For our discussion I would suggest that we try to be realistic but not so much so that a fanciful idea would be dismissed. This is a test to see if we could do any better.

Let me present a start. How could AIS build membership?