Re: OT:Group Dynamics [was: NEEDS....]

In a message dated 1/25/2005 10:13:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Autmirislvr@aol.com writes:
What is the purpose of an iris show?  (This IS a trick  question!)
Hi Betty,

That can become a matter of debate.  I am a charter member since 1958 of a
local iris society that has had its ups and downs over time, but is now doing
pretty well.  When we were recently discussing plans for an upcoming iris show,
one of our newer members asked how putting on the show benefits for our
society.  She felt that we had not gained new members from recent shows so it was a
waste of money.  What we had apparently not communicated to our newer members
was that our mission is to promote appreciation and growing of irises by the
public.

Dorothy Willott