Re: OT AIS membership

Bill; Since the conventions have been planned around tall-bearded bloom season are you suggesting that we could have a convention without garden tours and guest irises? Or could we have a convention That was speakers and programs that was during summer break? Or could we have a convention at a time when the Japanese Irises were the only stars? How many would come? I think it is great if conventions can coincide with school holidays but would the Iris cooperate?

Oneofcultivars@aol.com wrote:In a message dated 1/25/2005 11:35:59 AM Central Standard Time,
rpries@sbcglobal.net writes:

> I have been intrigued by the discussion that has been occurring concerning
> group dynamics, plant societies and how to build and maintain membership.

I'd love to meet you in Oregon; ... (in '06) It would be nice if the
convention coincides with a school break (for a family vacation).>

This came in a personal communication from California. The suggestion is
people oriented, qualifies as meeting needs, offers the potential for increases in
membership and places irises before a larger contingent of the public.

With me bein' frugal (cheap if you prefer) zero cost improvement options have
great appeal here.
Smiles,
Bill Burleson