Re: OT AIS membership local promotion

Way back when, Hutchinsaon iris club had more than one member with standing offewrs of a named iris for evey new member.  If 4 or 5 members do that, it is a real treat for the new person.
And there used to be, maybe still are, breeders and growers who included extras (extra extras) if  you incuded your AIS membership dues with your order when you ordered forom them.  They would forward the dues to the AIS.
Wichita Iris club has a booth at the  Wichita Flower, Lawn, and Garden show every year.

Someone wrote, but I deleted
There's nothing so seductive as having a NAMED iris to grow and enjoy. I'd be
happy to donate some of my excesses (when I have them) to such a local
endeavor. I'm sure many other growers and hybridizers would do the same.