AIS: JI: show

Linda, the JI show is held at the Opportunity House in Hendersonville.  When
spring rolls around and we have dates set for the shows, I'll post the
information and directions on how to get there, as I understand that there are
rather few JI shows around the country..

We are fortunate to have as one of CMIS's members a man who grows JI's for
sale to the local Garden Centers.  He pots divisions, gets them growing
strongly, and really suffers when he sees some of the unsold work at the point
of sales places not get watered, lose their tags and such.

He is also the main source of energy for the JI show--but several of the
members pitch in, and a few make a point of contributing specimens.

Due to the nature of JI's they are displayed either from the floor or a very
short-legged table.  There are usually enough specimens entered that the show
is really a treat.  Dorothy and I went the year before my illness began to get
serious, and loved the displays.

My own JI's bloom to late for the mid-June date--at least most years.

If I don't remember--can you remember to remind me?  That's the pot talking to
the kettle about shades of black, I know.  Now, to anyone who didn't recognize
the humor in that one, you just haven't been around the block enough times.
Just you wait.

Neil Mogensen  z  7 western NC mountains