To: "iris- talk" <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 10:37 AM
Subject: [iris] Re: AIS: membership trends - more

Also found this from an article by the American Soc. for Horticultural
Science, which probably wouldn't be what AIS would chose to do, unless
membership continues to decline at the recent rate:

"Depending what direction membership trends move within [professional
organizations]... over the next decade or so,  it may be prudent for
horticulture societies with global relevance and  international
memberships to find new ways to relate or join forces"

So AIS could merge with the daylily and hosta societies.....

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8