Re: AIS: The truth is out there

In a message dated 1/27/05 11:58:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
irismoose@daylily.net writes:

<< Many people simply do not know it is available, or in what detail it is
available.  >>

Baxter, I don't think they care, and I don't think they have to care about
every blip in the spreadsheet to be good members. They joined the American Iris
Society to hang out with like-minded people and play with Irises--in other
words, have a little fun-- not to ratchetjaw about perceived organizational
inadequacy, nor speculate about demographics, nor engage in palace politics, nor
analyze in detail some presumed awfulness of it all.

No one wants the Society to be any less dynamic than it can be, but
encouraging navelgazing and ambient discontent is not, I suggest, the way to go when it
is obvious that the best, and probably the only, sound course is for AIS at
the national, local, and personal levels to just hitch up her skirts, plant a
*smile* on her face, review her notes on what she is trying to accomplish and
why, chant her personal affirmations, and and take her show cheerfully to the
public. It is not just about having the AIS show props on hand, it is about
having the AIS vision, and about making the organization one that good folks hear
about and want to be part of.

Me, I don't even want to be part of this tedious conversation any more.

Outta here.

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA