Re: Re: AIS: membership trends - more

In a message dated 1/27/2005 12:38:47 PM Central Standard Time,
cholte@wi.rr.com writes:
How about this?  Have AIS contact each affiliate and get the complete
membership list.  They can then take out the AIS members and send a welcome
letter to the rest.  Send them a complementary Bulletin, maybe not all at
once but section by section.

Another question, when was the last time AIS heard from each affiliate?  Are
there records for that?
Char, New Berlin WI

Char, each year by 2-1 AIS Affiliate Chairman gets an Affiliate application
(from the RVP of that Region) to continue their official Affiliation (for
Bulletins, shows, medals, insurance, etc.) with a complete membership list of each
group.  The list shows who is an AIS member and their expiration date,
verified by the RVP per the region Membership list provided by the MemSec.
Individual Region membership figures (both AIS and non-AIS) are kept by the Region
Membership Chair.

Each Affiliate president with, hopefully, prodding by the RVP encourage their
non-AIS members to join AIS with incentives such as AIS memberships as
attendance prizes within their own group.  RVP also can provide a list to all
Affiliates in their region of who is an AIS member but does not belong to a local

Various regions tackle this more aggressively than others but the information
is all there.  Our Region 18 sends both a Regional Bulletin twice a year to
Affiliate members with articles encouraging AIS membership and an RVP
Newsletter to Affiliates with shared ideas to increase both local membership as well as
AIS membership along with "how-to" articles on providing Bulletins for
recruitment, public sales, CIP (Classroom Iris Projects) information, Judges
Training, programs available and various success stories of "what worked". This is
all under the budget of the Region.

Since ours is the second largest region in AIS, I can tell you how much
dedicated work our Region 18 Membership Chair does - again as a volunteer with a
full time "real" job!  We are mighty thankful!

Rita Gormley
Gormley Greenery
Cedar Hill, MO
AIS Region 18, Zone 5