Re: AIS: The truth is out there

I've seen some (in my opinion) quite reasonable
discussion and suggestions for the improvement of AIS
in this forum. After seeing such discussion dismissed
as "navelgazing," "encouraging ambient discontent," and
"tedious conversation," I can begin to understand why
some people might think there are problems with AIS.
I think it might behoove the AIS leadership to at least
*pretend* to listen to the concerns of its members,
for the PR value, if nothing else :-)

I understand that AIS board members are overworked
volunteers - as I am an overworked volunteer board member
of an AIS affiliate club, whose older members gleefully
offloaded their responsibilities onto a few relatively
young new members such as myself. Oddly enough,
the club is now on the verge of collapse, as those
same new members have less and less fun and do more
and more work, and wonder why the heck they joined
the club in the first place...

Jean Richter