Re: Re: AIS: membership trends - more

Amen!!! I thoroughly agree with you. All you have to do is attend a TBIS conventon and those facts really stand out!

Jim Ennenga
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robt R Pries" <rpries@sbcglobal.net>
To: <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: [iris] Re: AIS: membership trends - more

Bobby mentioned that some restructuring might be beneficial and mentioned the tall-bearded Iris Society. I believe it would be very beneficial for the TBIS to be a section of AIS. Unfortunately some of the people in control of TBIS are in my opinion harboring vindictive gripes with AIS and would never let this happen while they are in control. I dont believe the membership is that way, but TBIS is even less democratic that AIS, so the membership has little to say. I know that AIS has tried very hard to accommodate TBIS but it seems they could never do enough to satisfy the egos of some of the principles, at least that is my opinion.

"Bobby Baxter - Wake Forest, NC" <irismoose@daylily.net> wrote:I think perhaps better integration of the other iris societies such as
rebloomers, Japanese irises, Siberians, etc under one umbrella. A complete
reorganization from top down would have to take place. I imagine getting the
tall bearded society and AIS to join together would be the first step.
Unfortunately, there may be too much mistrust in the air for all the iris
societies to merge. Could this be a reason why they are currently separated
to some degree.

Hopefully, identifying the area of greatest concern can be addressed before
making the most extreme of changes. I also believe working in this direction
can bring all the groups closer together once everything is in the open.

I do not see the daylily, hosta, and iris societies joining together.
However, I do feel it would benefit all three interact more with each other.
This is one of the reasons I started the Happy Moose Forum in hopes that
many situations that one society is experiencing can be helped from the
experience of the other societies. Everyone can learn from a shared
experience.

I would love to see the AIS membership begin a steep increase in numbers as
well as reach many more gardeners to popularize the iris to the greatest
extent possible.

Bobby Baxter
Happy Moose Gardening Forum
http://happymoose.com

Dedicated to the BIG 3 -- daylilies, hostas, & irises

----- Original Message ----- From: "Linda Mann"