Re: Re: AIS: membership trends - more

In a message dated 1/27/2005 11:37:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
irismoose@daylily.net writes:
on their request and upon their certifying that
the information will be used only for AIS business, be given an electronic
copy of the AIS membership at no charge."

The reason for limitations was not to keep AIS members in the dark, but to
prevent the invasion of members' privacy by having the membership list sold to
advertisers and various commercial enterprises.  In the past the AIS did
publish a printed membership list that could be purchased by members.  I have
several of these old lists which I sometimes refer to for hybridizers addresses.
The problem I have with not having access to a membership list is in voting HC
awards for seedling where the judge is required to give the hybridizer's region
number.  How can you do that if you don't know where the hybridizer lives?

Dorothy Willott