Re: Re: AIS: membership trends - more

Hi All

There are problems in any organization big and small.  Someone always feels left out,
someone always feels slighted, Some feel picked on, over worked, or under utilized.

That does not take away from the organization itself or its people.  I have only been a member of AIS a short time.  In that time I have had a wonderful time meeting alot of you, getting to know hybridizers, getting to know officers, and seeing some of the wonderful plants we all love.  At all the meetings I have now attended, never have I been brushed off when I wanted information.  This group, AIS, are the most giving people I have EVER been associated with.

That said, I know I am having this wonderful time because I volunteer.  Hard work, Yes, but what a great time.  If we can get more people interested in volunteering and try, as hard as it is, not to but extra burden on newbees, I think they would see what I have seen in such a short time.  We are a volunteer based organization, but for the most part I do not see that this fact is getting across to the general public and new people.
I do not know the solution, but hopefully working locally we can all make an effort to improve what new people see of us and our organization.
:)
Anita

Anita Moran
USDA Zone 6b