Re: AIS: The Sections

Anner, bless you for posting your very apt comments.  The matter of the
internal relationships is often not clearly understood.  Your post is clear,
concise and needs to be heard.

I have belonged at various times both to various sections and to one of the
more loosely related societies, the Aril Society International.  I enjoy the
publications and friendships involved.

I also, like many other AIS members, belong to the TBIS.  I have contributed
both to TBIS's semi-annual publication *Tall Talk* and to the *Bulletin* of
the AIS, as well as to *ROOTS,* the voice of the Historical section and to
some regional publications.  I enjoy all of these associations, and simply
cringe when dissension arises.  My garden is a place of peace.  So, also, I
should hope, is my on-line vicarious participation in the peaceful gardens of
others.

Our purposes in these organizations include fellowship, mutual encouragement
and dissemination of information.  Let it be that our involvements are
contagious with enthusiasm to the communities around us and attractive to
potential members.

Neil Mogensen  z 7 western NC mountains