Re: OT: NEEDS Breathing New Life Into An Old Club

Please understand that I am neither a cheerleader or a critic of
present AIS administrative policy as I understand it. Granted,
my real participation has been limited to two wonderful AIS
sections,Siberian irises and Japanese irises. I just have some
questions about the AIS board 'make-up' policy that I was going
to send to John privately but thought that I would post here.

John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com> wrote:

>>> The board appoints 5 members to the nominating committee.
Two currently serving directors (not officers), two RVPs and one
section representative. Generally one of the RVPs serves as

That committee goes out to all the regions and sections asking
for nomination candidates. The intent is to get as wide a
variety and geographical dispersion as possible. <<<

1. To whom or what entity does the committee send the query for
nomination candidates?

2. The Siberian and Japanese section publications are the only
way to reach their respective members (or a special mailing).
The annual section board meetings don't draw a huge crowd.
(usually held during the AIS conventions)

I have been editor of one of the pubs. for over 4 yrs. and can't
remember ever receiving info for inclusion in 'The Siberian
Iris'. (I am cognizant of my aging brain :-)

Ellen (IMHO, the national conventions are the best part of AIS)

Ellen Gallagher / ellengalla@yahoo.com / Editor, 'The Siberian Iris'
Berlin, New Hampshire - USDA Zone 3
Siberian iris mailing list archives 1999 - 2004:
http://www.hort.net/lists/sibrob/    (1996 - 1998 messages not archived)
The Society for Siberian Irises web page:  http://www.socsib.org