Re: RE:OT AIS membership local promotion

Thanks Len.  I'll try to get off work for the early and late Wichita iris shoes, and go to either the Wichita or Hutchinsaon iris show.
I remember showing up a couple of hours early for the first bonsai club meeting I attended at Botanica.  The person at the door invited my to go ahead and visit the garden while I was waiting. The gardens are beautiful, even though it was actaully still winter..  And I had no idea that euonymus were trees, and beautiful ones!
Back to iris, I remember that people from up north, Halstead, Salina, etc. used to go down to Wichita and show in the iris shows, because they could show iris from what would have been different seasons.
My mind is blank on the name of the iris breeder at Halstead, who sometimes showed his earliest iris at the Wichita show.  How embarrassing.  We were friends.  Several of you will know who I am talking about.  He died at over 100 years old recently.  His wife's name was Amelia.
len suchy <len2760@juno.com> wrote:
The Wichita (WAIC)Shows are:
Early-April 24th...
Annual-MAY 8TH...Mothers` Day
Late- May 29...
The shows are at Botanica, no charge for seeing the shows, they do charge
admission for going into the gardens. :::EXCEPTION::: at the annual show,
admission for entering Botanica gardens has been donated by a local
individual. Last year the donation allowed 4000 to enter the gardens,
which increased the number seeing our iris show.
Normally, the early show contain mostly medians, the annual generally has
tall bearded with a little of the others, and the late generally have the
beardless with a few of the other.
The Hutchinson show is at the Armory Building, 2204 East 11th. on
Mothers` Day.
NO ENTRY FEES at any show
Hope you can make all the shows, there are many individuals that make
both the Wichita and the Hutchinson even though they are the both on
Len Suchy, President , Wichita Area Iris Club