Re: HYB:Goals

In a message dated 1/30/2005 11:00:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Autmirislvr@aol.com writes:
I thought it might be interesting to  see
what goals people have when they make crosses.

One of our goals is getting MDB irises with wider/more horizontal falls and
standards that are domed to somewhat upright.  I'm not quite sure what we are
looking for now in SDBs.  We acheived our goals of blue-bearded pinks and
pink/peach ground plicatas.  We play around with whatever strikes our fancy in the
IB, BB and TB classes, but in 2004 we had a lot of first bloom on TB space
agers.  We crossed a number of them and will see what happens.  There were also
some broken colors.  In crossing MTBs we are trying to get ones that are
totally in class with nicely formed blooms in whatever colors.  In the past we were
not much concerned with rebloom because hardly any irises rebloomed for us.
Recently, we found some of our MDB and SDB irises were reblooming and are now
working with them to get more reblooming dwarf irises.

Dorothy Willott